Two manufactured homes on the 1600 block of 13th Street in Clarkston were destroyed by a fire Sunday morning.
Asotin County Fire District Chief Noel Hardin said the blaze started in one of the homes that are tightly packed in a trailer park and spread to the other. He said the fire may have been caused by a malfunctioning freezer on the porch of one of the homes but noted that had not yet been established.
All the residents evacuated the homes without injury, and crews from Asotin County, Lewiston Fire Department and Clarkston Fire Department were able to keep the blaze from spreading to other homes in the park.
For more information on the fire, see Monday’s Lewiston Tribune.