North Lewiston fire

Lewiston firefighters responded Tuesday morning to a house fire on the 1100 block of Riverview Street. The home’s occupant had finished knocking out flames on the outside of the house with a garden hose when firefighters arrived. The fire was caused by an extinguished cigarette that, when wind caught the hot ash, ignited nearby material causing $5,000 in damage.

Lewiston firefighters responded Tuesday morning to a house fire on the 1100 block of Riverview Street. The home’s occupant had finished knocking out flames on the outside of the house with a garden hose when firefighters arrived. The fire was caused by an extinguished cigarette that, when wind caught the hot ash, ignited nearby material, causing $5,000 in damage.

Recommended for you