The Clarkston man who said he was bitten by a rattlesnake in the Clarkston Walmart parking lot this weekend was rolled out in front of news crews from as far away as Spokane this afternoon at St. Joseph Regional Medical Center.
Mica Craig’s story has already been picked up by news outlets nationwide, and the 47-year-old grandfather told reporters this afternoon that he was mistaken on the day of the bite when he first talked to the Tribune Sunday. The St. Joe’s emergency room doctor who treated Craig clarified that the incident happened about 11 a.m. Friday.
Craig was shopping for mulch in an area of the parking lot that had been stocked with gardening supplies when he reached down to grab what he thought was a stick but was a rattlesnake that bit him in the right hand.
Before the 2 p.m. press conference, Craig said he was still in pain, but not as bad as Sunday and was in better spirits.
He said he had been told he could possibly be released from the hospital tonight.
Craig was taken to the hospital by Maria Geffre, of Asotin, who was also shopping for gardening supplies when Craig was bitten.
Geffre was also at the press conference.
For more on this story, go to lmtribune.com or read Tuesday's Tribune.